Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is the famous Brazilian "Molho à Campanha", or literaly "Sauce a la campanha". It is always present in brazilian-style barbecues. A great sauce to be used on grilled meat, either bovine or fowl. Side-dishes, such as french fries or rice, could also enjoy the added flavour.
- Chop the Onion in small cubes.
- Cut the Bell-Pepper in half, then proceed to cut each in half again, producing 4 even slices. Remove seeds and the inner stem. Chop the slices up into squares.
- Cut the tomato in half, squeeze the seeds and pulp out. Cut the meat into cubes.
- Finally, Place these ingredients in a pan, mixing in the olive oil and vinegar (if you feel the final product is too dry, increase the dosage. There should be enough sauce for the solid ingredients to float). Stir well. Let it simmer in low heat for about 8 minutes.
- Increase ingredients proportionally to make larger yields.
This is a good sauce. Too strong on vinegar for some of my family. Very colorful and easy. Made for PAC FAll 07