Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Campanelle con Spinaci e Fagioli. From the Barilla website. I think campanelle might be my favorite pasta shape.
- 1 (19 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained
- 1⁄2 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese, freshly grated
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 16 ounces campanelle pasta
- 1 (6 ounce) package fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
- COMBINE the first six ingredients in a large bowl.
- COOK pasta according to package directions; drain and return to pot. Stir in spinach to wilt.
- ADD ingredients from large bowl to pasta and spinach; serve. Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Cooked this last weekend for two friends because one of them is a veggie and I had run out of ideas. We all loved it, I added mushrooms and served with ciabatta but it was complete without this. I then made it for my flatmates for dinner this week (without the mushrooms and bread) and they both loved it too. Total success! Think I'm going to try it with bacon next, yummy!
Could not be easier! This is budget friendly, weeknight fast and tastes good too! Love that it is healthy and meat free! I added more garlic bc I thought it a little bland for my tastes but then I am a garlic fiend! I decreased the olive oil by half and sprinkled with red pepper flakes before serving. Thanks for sharing a great recipe!