America's Test Kitchen
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 large shallots, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 10 ounces cremini mushrooms, trimmed and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1 1/4 cups low sodium chicken broth or 1 1/4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 lb campanelle pasta
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese, grated (1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1Heat butter and oil in 12-inch skillet over medium heat until butter has melted.
- 2Add shallots and 1/2 teaspoon salt and cook until softened, about 4 minutes.
- 3Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- 4Stir in shiitakes, increase heat to med-high and cook for 2 minutes.
- 5Stir in cremini mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 8 minutes.
- 6Stir in thyme and cook 30 seconds.
- 7Transfer mixture to bowl and cover to keep warm.
- 8Add broth to now empty skillet and bring to a boil over high heat, scraping up any browned bits.
- 9Off heat, stir in cream and lemon juice.
- 10Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 11Meanwhile, bring 4 quarts water to boil in a large pot.
- 12Add pasta and 1 tablespoon salt and cook, stirring often, until al dente.
- 13Reserve 1/2 cup cooking water, then drain pasta and return it to pot.
- 14Add mushroom mixture, cream sauce, Parmesan, and parsley and cook over medium heat, tossing to combine, until pasta absorbs some sauce, 1-2 minutes.
- 15Season with salt and pepper to taste and add reserved cooking water as needed to adjust consistency; serve.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Campanelle With Sauteed Mushrooms and Thyme
Serving Size: 1 (274 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 510.3
- Calories from Fat 181
- Total Fat 20.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 45.6 mg
- Sodium 181.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 17.6 g