Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is from Martha Stewart's web site. These bell-shaped noodles are an elegant base for this sauce.
- 4 medium red onions, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces soft fresh goat cheese
- 4 slices bacon, sliced crosswise 1 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leave, plus more for serving
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 lb campanelle pasta
- Cook 1 pound campanelle.
- Drain, reserving 2 cups pasta water; return pasta to pot.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in large skillet over medium, turning, until browned, 5 to 7 minutes; remove to a paper-towel-lined plate.
- Add onions, garlic, and thyme to fat in skillet; season with coarse salt and ground pepper.
- Cover; cook, stirring occasionally, until onions begin to brown, about 15 minutes.
- Uncover; cook until golden brown, 5 to 10 minutes more.
- Crumble goat cheese over pasta; add onion mixture and 1 cup reserved pasta water.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss, adding more pasta water as desired.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with bacon and more thyme.