My sister gave me this recipe from Camp Wi-ne-ma, on the Oregon coast. We spent many a wonderful summer day at Wi-ne-ma, on the beach, in the chapel, or with our camp friends in the dining hall. If I close my eyes I can still hear the sounds of the kids chatting and laughing in the echoing high-ceilinged hall, still smell the delicious odors of our meals. My sister Cathy says, "I remember these from my many summers spent at Camp Winema, while growing up. They were my favorite cookie, and still are to this day. Whenever I bite into one of these cookies, I have many fond memories from those days."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a heavy cooking pot, melt peanut butter and butter over medium heat.
- 2When melted, pour in milk and add the sugar and cocoa; stir mixture continuously.
- 3Allow mixture to come to a full boil, keeping heat at medium level.
- 4Allow mixture to boil for 1 full minute, stirring often.
- 5After 1 minute, remove from heat and stir in uncooked oatmeal.
- 6Let sit for a few minutes, stirring occasionally so that the oats soften.
- 7Before the mixture cools, drop spoonfuls onto waxed paper to cool and harden (if you can chill them, they will set faster).
- 8Makes 36 servings.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Camp Winema Mountain Bars
Serving Size: 1 (27 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 114.8
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 7.2 mg
- Sodium 36.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 11.5 g
- Protein 2.1 g