Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
We make this whenever we go camping and it really does taste just like pineapple upside down cake. We usually put the packets on the grill grate on the camp fire ring if there is one; if not, we use our BBQ grill.
- Cut 12 large squares of aluminum foil.
- Cut doughnuts in half the way you would a bagel.
- Spread the cut side of each doughnut half with 1 tsp of butter and sprinkle with 1/2 tbsp of brown sugar.
- Top half of the doughnuts with a pineapple slice, then with the other halves of the doughnuts.
- Seal each doughnut tightly in foil.
- Lay over medium coals for about 10-15 minutes, turning halfway through. Open carefully as it will be very hot.
What a neat idea! going to try this at my next campout!
I made these this weekend on my camping trip.All my friends loved them!The only thing I would do differently is maybe spray the foil with cooking spray and keep on the fire a couple minutes longer.Other than that they tasted great and was a nice change from the usualy smores.I will definately make this again!!!Great Recipe and thanks for sharing it!!!