Recipe by JenniferK2
We make this whenever we go camping and it really does taste just like pineapple upside down cake. We usually put the packets on the grill grate on the camp fire ring if there is one; if not, we use our BBQ grill.
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut 12 large squares of aluminum foil.
- Cut doughnuts in half the way you would a bagel.
- Spread the cut side of each doughnut half with 1 tsp of butter and sprinkle with 1/2 tbsp of brown sugar.
- Top half of the doughnuts with a pineapple slice, then with the other halves of the doughnuts.
- Seal each doughnut tightly in foil.
- Lay over medium coals for about 10-15 minutes, turning halfway through. Open carefully as it will be very hot.