Prep 45 mins
Cook 25 mins
A wonderfully crunchy salad.
- 1 lb red new potato
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen baby peas, thawed and drained
- 1 cup cauliflower, chopped small
- 1 cup celery, chopped small
- 1 cup cashew nuts, chopped small
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion, white part only
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- lettuce leaf
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup commercial ranch salad dressing
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Place potatoes in a heavy saucepan (large enough to accomodate the potatoes without crowding).
- Add water to cover and 1 teaspoon salt per quart of water.
- Cover partially and bring to a boil; cook about 20-25 minutes or until tender when pierced.
- Drain potaotes in a collander and return them to the warm cooking pan briefly, tossing them over low heat to dry them.
- When cool enough to handle, peel and cut into 1/4 inch cubes.
- Place potato cubes in a large bowl; add in the peas, cauliflower, celery, cashews, green onions, and red onion; toss gently to mix.
- To make the dressing: in a small mixing bowl, stir together the dressing ingredients.
- Pour dressing over the potato salad; toss gently but thoroughly.
- Cover w/ plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours or up to 24 hours.
- To serve: pile on a platter lined with lettuce leaves.