Recipe by Chef Gardoani
This is a simple but tasty way to prepare your fresh catch while out on the trail.
- 6 trout, pan size. This also works well with grayling and salmon
- 1⁄2 cup Miracle Whip
- 3⁄4 cup carrot, chopped
- 1 lemon, sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean fish thoroughly.
- Smear entire fish with Miracle Whip and season with salt, pepper, and dill weed. (Season to taste, it is not necessary to use all of the measurement listed, but I had to satisfy the system.).
- Lay each fish on a seperate aluminum foil wrap, and place a couple of lemon slices on top.
- Wrap and seal the edges to keep the juices inside.
- Place directly on hot coals. You can place the packages on a barbeque grill as well. Just be sure to close the lid while cooking.
- Cook unattended until done, about 6 to 8 minutes for trout and grayling. Cook salmon, or larger fish a little longer.
- Remove from the coals, brush off the ashes and serve.