Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a sweet corn bread with creamed corn that I make all the time. This recipe was originally submitted to allrecipes.com.
- 1 (8 ounce) Jiffy cornbread mix
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 (8 ounce) cancanned creamed corn
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Place the muffin mix a large mixing bowl. Stir in the milk and egg. Mix in the cream corn and sugar. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center of pan comes out clean.
This was a wonderful cornbread that I'll be making again and again. It went together in about 5 minutes and baked for exactly 30 minutes and it was golden brown and perfect. I served this alongside a White Chicken Chili; it was the perfect match. The bread has a nice creamy texture from the addition of the creamed corn, YUMMY! Thank you, fabulicious, for sharing this perfectly wonderful quick and easy bread. It will grace our table often.
Great, quick and simple to make. Wasn't sure that I was going to like this with the 1/2 cup sugar, but it made the recipe. Great with those butterbeans I had cooked!