Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
A very sweet, cake-like moist cornbread I like to eat with anything spicy!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cornbread mix
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 (8 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a square pan. (8x8 or 9x9).
- Mix all ingredients until moistened. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven 30-35 min or til knife comes out clean.
The is the best "sweet" cornbread I've ever made or eaten. It's so moist it sticks to your fingers. I used an 8-1/2 ounce package of Jiffy and an 8-1/2 ounce can of creamed corn cuz that is what I found at the grocery store. I brought it to work as a treat and it was gobbled up and the recipe given out to others. Thank you!
My family loves this cornbread. I agree with kitchenslave03, it's a great bread to eat with a spicy meal. I've made mine with a larger (14.75 ounce) can of creamed corn and it works well too--it's too moist to pick up and eat that way though. I serve mine with honey butter and the kids especially like it that way. It's the only cornbread recipe I ever use! A great change from the dry crumbly type, it's very sweet and moist.