Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
When I lived in Kansas, my neighbor Camille shared this lovely recipe with me. We used to be able to get beautiful, abundant fresh strawberries and I used to make this recipe often to use them up. I usually would make two cakes, one to eat and one to freeze for last minute guests.
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Add milk, lightly beaten egg, and melted butter, beating with an electric mixer until blended.
- Spread into greased springform pan.
- Top with strawberries.
- For topping, mix cold butter into flour and sugar using a pastry blender or two knives until mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle over the berries.
- Bake at 375 F (preheated) for about 40-50 minutes or until cake tests done and is lightly golden (since ovens vary, test early).