1/2 Photos of Camille's Fresh Strawberry Coffee Cake
When I lived in Kansas, my neighbor Camille shared this lovely recipe with me. We used to be able to get beautiful, abundant fresh strawberries and I used to make this recipe often to use them up. I usually would make two cakes, one to eat and one to freeze for last minute guests.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk (I have used skim)
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- 2Add milk, lightly beaten egg, and melted butter, beating with an electric mixer until blended.
- 3Spread into greased springform pan.
- 4Top with strawberries.
- 5For topping, mix cold butter into flour and sugar using a pastry blender or two knives until mixture is crumbly.
- 6Sprinkle over the berries.
- 7Bake at 375 F (preheated) for about 40-50 minutes or until cake tests done and is lightly golden (since ovens vary, test early).
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Camille's Fresh Strawberry Coffee Cake
Serving Size: 1 (87 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 229.0
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 38.6 mg
- Sodium 203.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 21.0 g
- Protein 3.1 g