Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a simple cobbler that is great on a brunch menu or for dessert.
- 2 cups drained canned peaches, reserve liquid
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 -4 tablespoons sugar
- Pour peaches into a 9x9 pan.
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Sift dry ingredients and add to butter mixture.
- Stir in milk.
- spread over peaches going to edge of pan.
- sprinkle with 2-4 Tablespoons sugar.
- Pour reserved liquid over top, just enough to make wet, if using syrup you may want to skip the sugar.
- Bake 350 for 30-45 min or until golden.
I made this with gluten-free flour and it was STILL delicious.
So easy but so very tasty! I used an 8x11 pan, but otherwise kept to the directions. Left out the sprinkling of sugar and didn't use much of the drained syrup (maybe 1/4 cup, if that). Better than any other peach cobbler I've tasted -- loved the different spices in there! -- and it was gobbled up quickly! Tastes wonderful served a la mode :)
This is a great easy cobbler recipe when time is short or peaches aren't in season.