Recipe by LilKiwiChicken
This works really well with French camembert, which is strong and smelly. However, any brie/camembert type cheese that comes in a wooden box will do. Serve with crusty french bread & maybe some cold sliced meats (serrano/parma ham etc).
- 1 (250 g) camembert cheese, in a wooden box
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped finely
- freshly ground salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat & baking tray & the oven to 200°C.
- Remove the cheese from the box, unwrap (and discard the paper wrapping) and carefully slice the rind off the top of the cheese.
- Put back in the box, cut side up. Wrap tinfoil (aluminium foil) around the box to stop it flying open during cooking.
- Sprinkle over the thyme, and grind over the pepper and salt.
- Cook for 10 mins on the tray or until the cheese is gooey (I like to leave some chunky pieces in the cheese mixture, however it is down to personal taste).