Recipe by Um Safia
This makes a delicious starter when served with a nice crunchy salad. Incredibly simple to make, these parcels are great for a dinner pary etc. Instead of a large parcel, you can also try individual parcels.
- 180 g frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 250 g camembert cheese (round)
- 520 g rhubarb, tinned
- 6 tablespoons cranberry sauce
- 1 free-range egg
- flour, for dusting
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 220c/gas7. Roll out pastry on floured surface until it is 4cm larger than your camembert.
- Drain the rhubarb. Add the cranberry and make a puree in processor or with fork etc. Put a tablespoon full of coulis in the very middle of the pastry & carefully place the camembert on top.
- Beat the egg and brush the pastry edges. Wrap the camembert in the pastry, taking care to close the edges well.
- Place the parcel on a baking sheet with any pastry folds sheet side down. Brush the top of the pastry with the remaining egg and make 3 small slits on the top with a kitchen knife (steam vent!).
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden and well risen. Allow to stand for 10 minutes before quartering and serving. Serve with salad of your choice and a spoon of coulis per person.