Recipe by Normaone
This recipe came from the Beer Can Chicken cookbook by Steven Raichlen. It is absolutely delicious. Perfect for a backyard party. Brie works just as well.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages camembert cheese
- 1 cup peach chutney (or your favorite brand)
- 1⁄4 cup toasted pecans or 1⁄4 cup walnuts
- cocktail size toast or cracker
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cedar plank, soaked two hours in water to cover then drained.
Directions See How It's Made
- Carefully, thinly cut the rind off the top of each Camembert and discard it.
- Spread half of the Peach Chutney on each round.
- Mound slightly in the center.
- Sprinkle half of nuts over each round and drizzle each with a tablespoon of butter.
- Preheat the grill to medium high.
- Place the soaked plank directly over the fire and grill until edges begin to smoke, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Invert the plank and set it over indirect heat on the grill.
- Arrange the cheeses on top.
- Cover the grill and cook the cheeses until the sides are lightly browned and cheese starts to melt and top is bubbly, about 12 to 20 minutes.
- Transfer the plank to a heatproof platter and serve at once, spreading the chutney topped cheese on cocktail size toasts or crackers.