Prep 2 mins
Cook 20 mins
A pit of a "posh" alternative to garlic bread. Great for a dinner party. From Continental.
- 1 french breadstick
- 0.5 (50 g) packet reduced-sodium chicken noodle soup mix
- 125 g camembert cheese
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- Cut bread in slices from the top, but not through the bottom.
- Mix all remaining ingredients.
- Spread mixture into bread slices and wrap in foil.
- Heat in a moderate oven for approx 20 mins or until butter/cheese mixture is melted well into the bread.
I really wished I could have found a reduced-sodium chicken soup mix because for me this tasted a tad salty but for the DM she could hardly taste and the DS devoured his and the DH thought it was pretty good o'kay. Was very easy to put together but for personal taste I felt a bit bland (except the saltiness). One I would like to try again if I can get reduced-sodium chicken noodle mix but even that said I could see myself adding something extra maybe some parmesan to give it some oomph. Thank you Mandy from Oz. Made for Recipe Swap #13 - February 2008.