Top Review by HeatherFeather
Excellent! This is a very elegant dish and would be perfect at a dinner party. I had to use truffle oil as I don't have access to truffle butter - it was a delicious addition. This was really quite simple to prepare and produced a lovely, tasty dish.
- 2 teaspoons minced shallots
- 1⁄2 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons truffle butter (*available at some specialty food shops) or 1 teaspoon white truffle oil (*available at some specialty food shops)
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh chives
- 4 ounces camembert cheese, at room temperature
- fresh pear, slices
- crusty raisin bread, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 1-quart heavy saucepan cook shallot in unsalted butter, covered, over moderately low heat, stirring occasionally, until softened.
- Add cream and simmer, uncovered, until reduced to about 2/3 cup.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in truffle butter or oil until incorporated.
- Season sauce with salt and pepper and sprinkle with chives.
- Cut Camembert into 4 pieces and arrange on 4 plates.
- Divide warm sauce among plates, spooning it on either side of cheese.
- Arrange pear slices, grapes, and walnuts around cheese and serve bread on the side.