1/1 Photo of Camembert Fondue With Truffle Essence
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons minced shallots
- 1/2 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons truffle butter (*available at some specialty food shops) or 1 teaspoon white truffle oil (*available at some specialty food shops)
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh chives
- 4 ounces camembert cheese, at room temperature
- 1In a 1-quart heavy saucepan cook shallot in unsalted butter, covered, over moderately low heat, stirring occasionally, until softened.
- 2Add cream and simmer, uncovered, until reduced to about 2/3 cup.
- 3Remove pan from heat and stir in truffle butter or oil until incorporated.
- 4Season sauce with salt and pepper and sprinkle with chives.
- 5Cut Camembert into 4 pieces and arrange on 4 plates.
- 6Divide warm sauce among plates, spooning it on either side of cheese.
- 7Arrange pear slices, grapes, and walnuts around cheese and serve bread on the side.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Camembert Fondue With Truffle Essence
Serving Size: 1 (101 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 295.8
- Calories from Fat 264
- Total Fat 29.3 g
- Saturated Fat 18.3 g
- Cholesterol 103.2 mg
- Sodium 261.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 6.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: