Top Review by Dr. Jenny
This was a quick, easy recipe--perfect for a mid week meal, as it involves very little prep. The proportion of ingredients easily suited my 3 chicken breasts and we really packed in the camembert so I didnt have the trouble of it spilling out. I thought the dish was good and that the taste of the tarragon really came through. DH didn't care for the chicken/camembert combination that much, despite the fact that we like camembert on its own. Oh well. I also used a fra diavolo sauce, which gave the dish a little kick. Thank you for a quick, easy dinner!
- 2 (250 g) chicken breast fillets, skinless
- 50 g camembert cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons garlic, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tarragon, dried
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup pasta sauce
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C / 350°F.
- Cut pocket into thickest part of chicken breast and stuff with slices of Camembert cheese. Put it well into the middle and press down the outer edges to keep it together.
- Lightly beat together egg, garlic, onion powder and tarragon in a bowl.
- Dip chicken breasts in egg mix and roll in breadcrumbs to coat.
- Place chicken in a foil lined baking dish and place in oven on a lower rack for 35 minutes.
- Remove and spread pasta sauce evenly over the top, and sprinkle with parmesan.
- Return to oven on a higher rack (but not too close to the top) for around 15 minutes until cheese has melted.