Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
A tasty dinner option that can be prepared up to 2 days in advance.
- 6 chicken breast fillets
- 200 g camembert cheese, chopped
- 180 g butter, softened
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- plain flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 (8 ounce) package breadcrumbs
- oil (for deep frying)
- Using a mallet, gently pund fillets between plastic wrap until thin.
- Beat cheese, butter, garlic and oregano until combined.
- Place 1/6th of filling evenly along the centre of each fillet.
- Fold sides, roll up firmy, place seam side down on a tray.
- Regrigerate for 1 hour.
- Toss rolls in flour, shake excess off.
- Dip in combined egg-milk mixture then breadcrumbs.
- Deep fry 2 at a time.
- Serves 6.