Prep 8 mins
Cook 20 mins
A classic French appetizer for World Tour 2006. I just loved it. Its an extremely elegant recipe.
- 200 g camembert cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 (8 ounce) can raspberries
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Drain the raspberries can and reserve the juice to a small pan and heat it up.
- Mix the cornstarch to the water and stir well.
- When the juice boils, add the cornstarch and stir well until its thickened.Then add the raspberries.Let it cool a little.
- Beat the egg. Place the Camembert into the egg mixture and next into the breadcrumbs.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and fry the cheese from both sides for 4-5 minutes.
- Serve the cheese in a plate and at last add the raspberry sauce.
Loved this! I couldn't find canned raspberries either, so followed previous reviewers suggestion and just boiled down some frozen berries. Such a suprise to experience these flavors together! I love 'Zaar World Tour! Thanks for sharing,katia!
I enjoyed this very much. I couldn't find canned raspberries anywhere, so I used raspberry preserves. It was a little too sweet, but good in small amounts with the cheese.Next time I'll just boil down some fresh berries. Thanks Katia!