1/3 Photos of Camembert Baked in the Box With Garlic
I got this recipe from a Nigel Slater cook book but when I made it I altered it to include chopped garlic as I think it makes it nicer. Really nice although Camembert can be a bit smelly!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 200°C/Gas 6.
- 2Please note; The Camembert must be whole and in it's wooden box.
- 3Chop the garlic very finely.
- 4Remove the cheese from it's box - take off the wrapping then put the cheese back in the box.
- 5Make about 6 tiny holes in the top rind of the cheese and drizzle the wine into them.
- 6Sprinkle the garlic on top.
- 7Put the lid back on the box and bake in the oven for about 25 to 30 minutes, until hot and bubbling.
- 8Serve the melted cheese in it's box, dipping in some gherkins or just some nice fresh crusty bread.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Camembert Baked in the Box With Garlic
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 755.5
- Calories from Fat 546
- Total Fat 60.7 g
- Saturated Fat 38.2 g
- Cholesterol 180.3 mg
- Sodium 2109.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 49.6 g