Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe from a Nigel Slater cook book but when I made it I altered it to include chopped garlic as I think it makes it nicer. Really nice although Camembert can be a bit smelly!
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Gas 6.
- Please note; The Camembert must be whole and in it's wooden box.
- Chop the garlic very finely.
- Remove the cheese from it's box - take off the wrapping then put the cheese back in the box.
- Make about 6 tiny holes in the top rind of the cheese and drizzle the wine into them.
- Sprinkle the garlic on top.
- Put the lid back on the box and bake in the oven for about 25 to 30 minutes, until hot and bubbling.
- Serve the melted cheese in it's box, dipping in some gherkins or just some nice fresh crusty bread.
Way to go!
Very Nice. I would have never thought of cooking it in the box. I make a similar recipe. Instead of garlic on top I spread Pesto Sauce on it. Give it a try. It's yummy too.
wonderful way to have camembert. it's almost like cheese fondue. thank you for sharing.