Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 8 mins
Cook 12 mins
Who doesn't like melted cheese and phyllo pastry? This quick simple recipe is great for a busy hostess. The mix of sweet and smooth makes this a perfect combination. My mother gave me this recipe although I don't know who gave it to her. Takes less than 20 minutes to make but I promise it will take less than that to eat!
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Start by placing one sheet of phyllo on a baking sheet.
- Brush a thin layer of melted butter on one side.
- Add the next sheet on top of the butter.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 until you have the appropriate amount of sheets 'glued' together.
- Place the whole cheese on one side of the pastry leaving a 2 inch border.
- Spoon your jam on top of the cheese (one side only).
- Fold the pastry around the cheese remembering to keep the jam side up.
- Tuck the ends under the cheese to create a tidy pocket.
- Remember that if you can see the cheese, it can leak out.
- Brush the jam side with melted butter.
- Place in the center of the baking sheet JAM SIDE UP and bake approx 10-15 minutes.
- Serve whole on a platter with plain crackers (I use Carr's table water crackers).
- Add knife or spreader so everyone can help themselves.
- Everyone loves this appetizer.
- DO NOT PREPARE THIS AHEAD OF TIME (UNLESS IT IS JUST TO RE-HEAT IN THE OVEN).