Who doesn't like melted cheese and phyllo pastry? This quick simple recipe is great for a busy hostess. The mix of sweet and smooth makes this a perfect combination. My mother gave me this recipe although I don't know who gave it to her. Takes less than 20 minutes to make but I promise it will take less than that to eat!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 2Start by placing one sheet of phyllo on a baking sheet.
- 3Brush a thin layer of melted butter on one side.
- 4Add the next sheet on top of the butter.
- 5Repeat steps 2 and 3 until you have the appropriate amount of sheets 'glued' together.
- 6Place the whole cheese on one side of the pastry leaving a 2 inch border.
- 7Spoon your jam on top of the cheese (one side only).
- 8Fold the pastry around the cheese remembering to keep the jam side up.
- 9Tuck the ends under the cheese to create a tidy pocket.
- 10Remember that if you can see the cheese, it can leak out.
- 11Brush the jam side with melted butter.
- 12Place in the center of the baking sheet JAM SIDE UP and bake approx 10-15 minutes.
- 13Serve whole on a platter with plain crackers (I use Carr's table water crackers).
- 14Add knife or spreader so everyone can help themselves.
- 15Everyone loves this appetizer.
- 16DO NOT PREPARE THIS AHEAD OF TIME (UNLESS IT IS JUST TO RE-HEAT IN THE OVEN).
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Camembert Apricot Appetizer
Serving Size: 1 (27 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 153.3
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 112.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 1.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: