Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
My best friend Cambria swears by this recipe; she makes it every time guests are coming over. LOL it's her signature dessert. I haven't made it yet. BTW - cooking time is freezing time.
- Coat bottom and sides of an 8-inch pie plate lightly with butter.
- Combine chocolate syrup and chocolate chips in a small microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave on HIGH (100% power) until hot, about 45 seconds.
- Stir until smooth.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of chocolate mixture.
- Combine remaining chocolate mixture and cereal in a medium bowl and mix to coat cereal.
- Press micture over bottom and up sides of prepared pie plate; freeze until firm, about 15 minutes.
- Combine reserved chocolate mixture and the sour cream in a small bowl and mix well. Spread half the ice cream in the prepared pie plate.
- Drizzle with half the sour cream mixture.
- Top with remaining ice cream and drizzle with remaining sour cream mixture.
- Freeze pie, covered, until firm, about 1 hour.
Didn't have sour cream, so we substituted with butterscotch chips. Then sprinkled with butterscotch chips and drizzled with chocolate sauce! I found spreading the ice cream a little frustrating, but once my more patient daughter took over for me, we were good. Thanks for a quick, easy, cool dessert for summertime!