Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
Chocolate and peanut butter no-bake cookies with coconut and Rice Krispies. We have two sets of relatives from Cambria County, Pennsylvania, and both make their no-bakes this way. I first made them in the dorms in college, with a little electric burner, using my future-mother-in-law's recipe.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 lb margarine or 1⁄4 lb butter
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 1⁄2 cups oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup coconut or 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup Rice Krispies
- Combine first four ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, and boil for 3 minutes.
- Put remaining ingredients in another pot or bowl.
- Pour boiling mixture over second mixture. Stir.
- Place on waxed paper to cool.