I like these summer rolls as they are a great alternative to deep-fried egg rolls. They also make a great side for any Asian dish. I also like that they are easy to make and don't take much time. I didn't make any changes to the recipe, however next time I think I will put a little less fresh mint in the rolls. I just felt that the mint was too over powering, but besides that they taste great!!
My Private Note
roll an ...
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups water
- 36 unpeeled medium shrimp (about 1 pound)
- 4 ounces uncooked rice noodles
- 12 sheets rice paper
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 3 cups shredded red leaf lettuce
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh mint
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon chili paste with garlic
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1To prepare rolls, bring 6 cups water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add the shrimp to pan; cook 3 minutes or until done. Drain and rinse with cold water; drain. Peel shrimp; chill.
- 2Place noodles in a large bowl; cover with boiling water. Let stand for 8 minutes; drain.
- 3Add cold water to a large, shallow dish to a depth of 1 inch. Place 1 rice paper sheet in water. Let stand 2 minutes or until soft. Place rice paper sheet on a flat surface.
- 4Spread 1 teaspoons hoisin sauce in the center of sheet; top with 3 shrimp, 1/4 cup lettuce, about 2 1/2 tablespoons noodles, 1 teaspoons basil, and 1 teaspoons mint. Fold sides of sheet over filling, roll up jelly-roll fashion, and gently press seam to seal. Place roll, seam side down, on a serving platter; cover to keep from drying.
- 5Repeat procedure with remaining rice paper, hoisin sauce, shrimp, shredded lettuce, noodles, basil, and mint.
- 6To prepare dipping sauce, combine 1/3 cup soy sauce, 1/4 cup water, 2 tablespoons sugar, 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, 2 tablespoons lime juice, 1 teaspoons ginger, 1 teaspoons Chile paste, and 1 clove garlic in a small bowl; stir with a whisk.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cambodian Summer Rolls and Dipping Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 73.6
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 22.8 mg
- Sodium 446.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 3.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chili paste with garlic