James Craig's Note:
This recipe was printed in the "Arizona Republic" newspaper. It is definately not a dish which will help your waist line.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 lbs ground pork
- 8 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- 2 1/4 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon pure chile powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 1/4 cups coconut milk
- 1 medium jicama, peeled and coarsely grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 12 flour tortillas
- 1Place the pork, anchovies, paprika.
- 2chili powder and cayenne in a large ungreased frying pan.
- 3Cook over medium high heat.
- 4Stirring occasionally to break up the chunks of meat about 5 minutes until the pork is browned.
- 5Add the coconut milk and cook until almost all the liquid evaporates, about 10 minutes.
- 6Mix the jicama and the lime juice to assemble.
- 7Spread about 1/3 cup of the pork filling in the center of a tortilla.
- 8Top with the jicama, eggplant, cabbage, cucumbers, and mint.
- 9Fold and serve.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cambodian Style Ground Pork
Serving Size: 1 (784 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 899.8
- Calories from Fat 504
- Total Fat 56.1 g
- Saturated Fat 25.2 g
- Cholesterol 140.8 mg
- Sodium 707.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.3 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 43.2 g