Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A typical sweet, sour, salty combination, with a fresh taste. I added a bit more cilantro because we love it.
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons unsalted dry roasted peanuts, ground
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon cilantro, chopped finely
- 1 -2 Thai red chili pepper, sliced
- 2 -3 tablespoons white onions, very finely chopped
- Cook sugar in water until light syrup forms, about 5 min over med-low heat. Add all other ingredients. Stir well. Let cool.
- Serve over salad.
Great dressing. My family loved it.
Great dressing! The only change I made was to use lime juice instead of lemon because I found that I was out of lemons. For the sugar I used xylitol which is exactly the same in sweetness as normal sugar. This was perfect for us, thanks for sharing :)<br/>Made for ZWT 9 Family Picks for The Apron String Travelers