Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Recipe of Asia for Cambodia
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon water
- 2 tablespoons mushroom soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 7 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 green leaf lettuce
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sirloin, cut into 1/2 in cubes
- Combine sugar, 1 teaspoon of the black pepper, soy suace and garlic. Stir well and add the beef. Stir well to coat beef and marinade for 20 minutes or longer.
- Combine remaining pepper with lime juice and water. Place in a small serving bowl.
- Saute beef in hoit oil, three to four minutes until medium rare. Arrange on platter lined with lettuce and serve with lime sauce and toothpicks, or serve as a main dish over jasmine rice.
This was a great dish, Lavender Lynn. The lime juice gave it a nice zest. Made for ZWT #9 - SE Asia.
I am not much of a meat eater myself so I am giving this review based on reports from the troops (and my empty pan!). This was very easy to throw together and even easier to cook, even for a smelly vegetarian LOL. DH said it was very flavorful and delicious, though he and the kids preferred it without the lime dip, which I thought was rather tasty. I am currently devising other ways to use it, in fact :). Made for ZWT 9, Gourmet Goddesses.