Caramelized pineapple and tofu is delicious and very easy to cook. Feel free to add red bell peppers, or other vegetables.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2-3/4 lb extra firm tofu (8 ounces)
- cornstarch, to coat
- 1 -2 teaspoon olive oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1 cup pineapple chunk (fresh or canned)
- 2 tablespoons vegetarian oyster sauce (mushroom sauce or use fish sauce but won't be vegetarian)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 garlic clove, Minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 green onions, Chopped
- handful fresh cilantro, Chopped
- 1Place tofu between paper towels and press with cast iron frying pan or something heavy for about 10 minutes to get rid of excess moisture.
- 2Cut into bite size pieces(about 1").
- 3Dredge in cornstarch to coat, shaking off excess. Fry in oil till lightly browned and crispy, about 10 minutes.
- 4If using canned chunk pineapple, drain juice.
- 5Put pineapple, garlic, vegetarian oyster sauce and water in a small pot.
- 6Add sugar, salt, black pepper and green onion. Stir well.
- 7Cook on medium heat till the water is reduced and vegetables coated. Add tofu and stir to coat.
- 8Top with cilantro.
- 9Serve hot with rice.
Browse Our Top Pineapple Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pineapple Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cambodian Manor Kho to Hu (Caramelized Pineapple and Tofu)
Serving Size: 1 (638 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 189.9
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 310.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 21.1 g
- Protein 10.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegetarian oyster sauce