Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
From Nigella show on ITV. Sounds delish for hot weather
- 1 -2 cup lettuce leaf (enough leaves to cover a serving dish)
- 225 g tender steak
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (the juice of about 1 lime)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 shallots or 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 -2 red chile, deseeded and finely chopped, depending on how large they are and how hot you want this (or green)
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup mint (Handful of mint)
- Preheat a griddle, or you can use a grill.
- Cover a serving dish with lettuce leaves and set aside.
- Griddle or grill the steak; it should be rare, really, but obviously cook it as you prefer. When it's done, remove to a board on which to carve it and pour any juices in the grill pan into a bowl.
- Cut the steak into very thin slices across and put it and any more of the juices that run out into the bowl as well.
- In another bowl, mix the fish sauce, lime juice, sugar, chopped chilli and sliced shallot, stirring well.
- Then mix the contents of the two bowls together, adding the mint leaves and quickly turn out on the lettuce and serve while still warm.