Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Recipe adapted from Primal Grill with Steve Raichlen on PBS.
Make and share this Cambodian Grilled Corn recipe from Food.com.
- 4 ears sweet corn
- 1 cup of unsweetened light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 -3 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- cilantro (garnish)
- Preheat grill to med-high heat. Oil if necessary.
- On the stovetop, combine coconut milk, sugar, bay leaves, salt and pepper.
- Simmer uncovered for 5-7 minutes, until sugar is dissolved.
- Carefully peel back the corn husks and remove the silk from each ear of corn.
- Using a long strand of husk, tie back the ends of the husks – this creates a handle with which to eat the corn.
- Fold a piece of aluminum foil a few times to create a grill guard.
- Place each piece of corn on the grill. The husks should sit on the foil so they don’t burn.
- Grill the corn, rotating every 2 minutes to ensure it’s evenly browned.
- Baste the corn with the coconut milk mixture, rotating every minute or so until each ear has been coated twice.
- Remove corn from the grill, baste one more time and serve with cilantro garnish.
Loved this! I couldn't believe how much flavor this added to the corn. This is going straight into my Best of 2013 cookbook. Thanks Sharon for this great keeper. Made for ZWT9.
When I saw this recipe, I was curious of the taste of coconut with corn. I was not too sure about it. But finally it's so good. I liked it a lot. THanks Sharon :) Made for ZWT9
I agree with lazyme...it was amazing! I meant to take a photo but before I could, they disappeared. The taste is fantastic and they are very easy to do. I cooked them a bit differently than called for since I don't enjoy having the husks left on. I husked my corn and steamed them for about 8 minutes. Then I grilled them on my cast iron griddle and applied the coconut milk baste at that time. The grill marks look pretty and it is a keeper for sure!!! Made for ZWT 9.