- 4 ears sweet corn
- 1 cup of unsweetened light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 -3 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- cilantro (garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat grill to med-high heat. Oil if necessary.
- On the stovetop, combine coconut milk, sugar, bay leaves, salt and pepper.
- Simmer uncovered for 5-7 minutes, until sugar is dissolved.
- Carefully peel back the corn husks and remove the silk from each ear of corn.
- Using a long strand of husk, tie back the ends of the husks – this creates a handle with which to eat the corn.
- Fold a piece of aluminum foil a few times to create a grill guard.
- Place each piece of corn on the grill. The husks should sit on the foil so they don’t burn.
- Grill the corn, rotating every 2 minutes to ensure it’s evenly browned.
- Baste the corn with the coconut milk mixture, rotating every minute or so until each ear has been coated twice.
- Remove corn from the grill, baste one more time and serve with cilantro garnish.