Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A peppery, kicky, Cambodian fish dish that you'll love at first bite.
Make and share this Cambodian Ginger Catfish recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 lb peeled matchstick cut fresh ginger
- 4 (4 ounce) catfish fillets
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 red bell pepper, cut into thin matchsticks
- 1⁄2 bunch green onion, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir ginger in the hot oil until slightly softened and brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Add catfish fillets; cook until firm, about 3 minutes per side. Remove fillets from the skillet to a place and set aside.
- Stir fish sauce, soy sauce, and oyster sauce together in the skillet. Add onion and red bell pepper; cook and stir until softened, about 4 minutes. Return catfish fillets to the skillet and spoon sauce and vegetables over the fillets. Continue cooking until the flesh of the fish flakes easily with a fork, about 3 minutes more. Garnish with green onions to serve.
this has alot of flavors ,i love how well it goes with catfish , i kinda eyeballed the ginger so i didnt get overwhelmed .try this if you like catfish zwt9