Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe is off the completerecipes.com website
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup ground pork, Finely
- 1 fresh red chili pepper, seeds and (veins removed, minced)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mild chili powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons limes, sauce Spicy
- 1⁄2 cup raw shrimp (peeled and chopped)
- salt, pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 -2 red chile, stems (seeds and veins removed)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 medium lime, juice of
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- shredded carrot, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Puncture eggplant in a few places with a fork or skewer. Bake on a sheet pan until soft, about 15 minutes. Set aside and let cool slightly, then peel and split lengthwise into strips about 1 inch thick.
- Heat oil in a wok or saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until lightly browned. Add pork, chile, soy sauce, fish sauce, chili powder andsugar; cook, stirring, until meat loses its raw color. Add stock and waterand bring to a boil. Add lime sauce, shrimp and eggplant; simmer until shrimp are done.
- Season with salt and pepper. Transfer eggplant pieces to a serving dish and top with pork mixture. Garnish with coriander and green onions.
- Spicy Lime Sauce: Combine garlic, chiles and the water in a blender or food.
- processor and liquefy. Combine fish sauce, lime juice, sugar and.
- chile-garlic mixture in a small bowl. Stir to dissolve sugar. If using.
- sauce by itself, add a bit of shredded carrot for garnish. Makes 1 scant.
Very different and interesting dish which we enjoyed. I used soy crumbles for the pork but otherwise made as directed. Very interesting way to prepare eggplant. Thanks for sharing!