Recipe by mitziebella_fly
This is a family recipe. Growing up my mom only make these on special occassions. I actually always have these in my freezers for whenever i am hunger for them. Everyone that has tried these egg rolls loved it. Beware: they are very addictive!
Top Review by ~Nimz~
These are very very good. My store was out of bean sprouts so left them out and could not find the vermicelli rice noodles so I used Maifun rice sticks which I really like and they worked well for this recipe. The flour and water seal was excellent. I only had 1 roll unfold, which is good for me. I think I would increase some of the oyster sauce and soy sauce next time because we could barely taste it. We will be making these again for sure. thanks so much for posting. Made for PAC Fall 2007
- 1 lb ground pork or 1 lb ground beef
- 2 cups cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 2 cups vermicelli rice noodles (soaked in hot water, then cut to 2 inches in length)
- 4 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 yellow onion, chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 32 ounces egg roll wraps (2 packages)
- oil (for deep frying)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak the rice noodles in hot water for about 10-15 minutes. Cut to 2 inches in length.
- In a large bowl mix first 12 ingredients and set aside.
- In a small bowl mix flour and water to make a loose paste to seal the wrappers.
- Instructions on how to roll the egg rolls should be on back of the each packages. Use 1-2 tbsp of filling for each wrappers and seal edges with the water and flour mixture. Make about 55-60 depending on the amount of fillings you use. Give or take. (There has been times that i have more fillings and less wraps or vise versa).
- Deep fry until golden brown. Cook time is about 15-20 minutes per batch depending on your fryer and amount or egg rolls per batch.
- Serve with favorite sweet and sour sauce.