Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This wonderful chicken and rice soup features curry, coconut, and pineapple.
Make and share this Cambodian Chicken Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh serrano chili peppers or 2 teaspoons other small hot green chili peppers, including seeds
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 2 teaspoons red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 (13 1/2 ounce) cans coconut milk
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 4 cups cooked rice
- Heat the cooking oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Cook and stir the ginger, garlic, Serrano pepper, and chicken in the hot oil about 5 minutes. Add the curry paste, curry powder, vinegar, fish sauce, sugar, chicken broth, coconut milk, pineapple, and rice; stir. Allow the soup to simmer until it thickens, about 15 minutes more.