Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This wonderful chicken and rice soup features curry, coconut, and pineapple.
Make and share this Cambodian Chicken Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh serrano chili peppers or 2 teaspoons other small hot green chili peppers, including seeds
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 2 teaspoons red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 (13 1/2 ounce) cans coconut milk
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 4 cups cooked rice
- Heat the cooking oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Cook and stir the ginger, garlic, Serrano pepper, and chicken in the hot oil about 5 minutes. Add the curry paste, curry powder, vinegar, fish sauce, sugar, chicken broth, coconut milk, pineapple, and rice; stir. Allow the soup to simmer until it thickens, about 15 minutes more.