Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr
Very good and healthy. Pretty basic and straight forward too!
- 1 head savoy cabbage
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cellophane noodles
- 5 carrots (peeled, shredded)
- 1⁄2 lb peanuts (chopped)
- 3 Thai red chili peppers (seeded, minced)
- 2 tablespoons mint (minced)
- 2 tablespoons basil (minced)
- 1 cup nuoc nam
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- Heat oven 350.
- Blanch cabbage 5-10 minutes or until leaves can be removed easily.
- I usually peel the outer ones off as the cabbage is blanching, facilitating easier/even cooking.
- Meanwhile, poach chicken until just opaque. Drain. Cool. Shred.
- Blanch noodles. Drain.
- Mix noodles with chicken, carrots, peanuts, chilies, mint and basil.
- Combine the nuoc nam, vinegar, lime juice and sugar.
- Add enough to chicken mix to moisten.
- Fill cabbage leaves with mix. Roll up.
- Place seam side down in a sprayed 9x13 baking dish.
- Pour on remaining sauce.
- Bake 20 minutes, basting often.