3 hrs 12 mins
A delicious looking beef recipe to try!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb beef, preferably tri-tip
- 1/4 cup lemongrass, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime zest, grated
- 1 head garlic, peeled
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 piece galangal, about 1 1/2-inches long, chopped
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil, divided use
- 5 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 kiwi
- 8 bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 15 minutes
- 1Slice beef on diagonal into thin strips, 1/8- to 1/4-inch thick.
- 2Place lemongrass, lime zest, garlic, turmeric and galangal in food processor or blender and grind to paste.
- 3Stir in 3 tablespoons oil. Place 2 tablespoons of spice mixture in bowl large enough to marinate meat.
- 4Add oyster sauce, sugar and paprika. Mix and taste, correcting seasoning to your preference. Cut kiwi in half.
- 5Remove flesh from one half and mash to a paste. Stir into marinade.
- 6Add beef strips; stir. Cover and refrigerate 3 hours.
- 7Start coals and burn until coals begin to glow or turn gas grill to medium heat.
- 8Thread beef onto skewers.
- 9Grill until well browned, 5-6 minutes per side.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cambodian Beef Sticks (Sach Ang)
Serving Size: 1 (214 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 480.4
- Calories from Fat 286
- Total Fat 31.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 65.9 mg
- Sodium 684.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 11.5 g
- Protein 27.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: