Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 3 hrs
Cook 12 mins
A delicious looking beef recipe to try!
Make and share this Cambodian Beef Sticks (Sach Ang) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb beef, preferably tri-tip
- 1⁄4 cup lemongrass, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime zest, grated
- 1 head garlic, peeled
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 piece galangal, about 1 1/2-inches long, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil, divided use
- 5 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 kiwi
- 8 bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 15 minutes
- Slice beef on diagonal into thin strips, 1/8- to 1/4-inch thick.
- Place lemongrass, lime zest, garlic, turmeric and galangal in food processor or blender and grind to paste.
- Stir in 3 tablespoons oil. Place 2 tablespoons of spice mixture in bowl large enough to marinate meat.
- Add oyster sauce, sugar and paprika. Mix and taste, correcting seasoning to your preference. Cut kiwi in half.
- Remove flesh from one half and mash to a paste. Stir into marinade.
- Add beef strips; stir. Cover and refrigerate 3 hours.
- Start coals and burn until coals begin to glow or turn gas grill to medium heat.
- Thread beef onto skewers.
- Grill until well browned, 5-6 minutes per side.