Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is my re-creation of an entree from our favorite Mexican restaurant. Omit the jalapeno pepper if you don't like heat, and serve with rice and refried beans. Yum!
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 large bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, sliced
- 1 tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄4 lb mushroom, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes (optional, if you like more heat) (optional)
- Heat oil in a large skillet, and combine bell pepper, onion, jalapeno, and mushrooms. Saute until all vegetables are tender.
- In the last three minutes of cooking, add shrimp and tomato. Cook until the shrimp are pink in color.
- Serve over rice.