Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A delicious, Southwestern shrimp dish akin to the famous Louisiana etoufee. Serve with rice. From the Southwest chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947
- 2 cups shrimp, boiled just until pink and peeled
- 1 onion, minced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- Melt butter in a large skillet.
- Brown onion and shrimp; stir in flour chili powder and milk.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes; add parsley and ketchup.
- Steam for several minutes before serving.
Very good !