Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this recipe from a friend, and have made a few changes to suite my taste. Very good, and also helps you use up left over beans.
- 2 1⁄2 cups cooked pinto beans (Save about 1/4 cup water from them)
- 1⁄2 lb pre-cooked shrimp
- 1 small white onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces sour cream
- diced jalapeno
- 1. Dice garlic and onion.
- 2. Melt the butter in pot, and add garlic and onion. Cook until translucent and tender. (approx. 3 minutes).
- 3. Add the pinto beans into pot, ( and about 1/4 cup of bean water also). Stir and bring to light simmer.
- 4. Once it is simmering add the sour cream and shrimp. Let cook for about 5 more minutes and remove from heat.
- 5. Top with jalapenos and cilantro. Serve with tortillas.