Prep 4 hrs
Cook 2 mins
Easy, nice dinner from down south. Until you've eaten mexican food by the pacific, sipping Tecate and watching the sun slip into the ocean, this will suffice till you get down south. I serve this with rice and a squeeze of lime for both the beer and the shrimp.
- 2 tablespoons silver tequila
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 serrano chili, stemmed & seeded
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, no stems
- 3 garlic cloves
- 24 large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Place marinade into a blender, puree till smooth, adjust seasonings and puree again if needed Place raw shrimp in a glass bowl, pour marinade over shrimp, stirring to coat Cover bowl and refrigerate mixture 4 hours.
- Heat a large skillet on high heat till hot, add shrimp and marinade, tossing till shrimp are pink and cooked through, about 2 minutes Serve on rice.
This was really good and easy to prepare. I used dried chile flakes instead of the serrano chili. One person found it too hot and I found it just right. I made the sauce separately then warmed up some pre cooked shrimp in the sauce and served over rice. Great luncheon dish. Thanks peachez