Recipe by Happy Hippie
From my favorite little cookbook "Low Fat Mexican Recipes." This cold dish is great when accompanied with a vegetable salad, warm quesadillas and hot Spanish rice. Note that cook time is chill time.
- 2 lbs shrimp, cooked, shelled and deveined with tails intact (see note)
- 1 cup hot sauce (your favorite)
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Chill shrimp in refrigerator.
- In a small bowl, blend hot sauce, horseradish, lemon juice, chili powder and a dash of Tobasco sauce until smooth.
- Chill sauce and serve with shrimp.
- NOTE: I purchase precooked, shelled and deveined shrimp for this recipe.