Recipe by Holley Mc
After trying and trying to come close to my hubbys favorite Mexican dish. We tried this and he absolutely loves it. Its great on a tortilla (as a fajita) or served with either rice or pasta.
Top Review by Chef BJ in Ramstein Germany
Wow-this was awesome! I made this for dinner tonight and we loved it, I didn't have all the ingredients so I subbed a few things and it was still yummo. I used a cup of white wine in place of tomato sauce and just added a few tbl spoons of tomato paste-I didn't have any chili peppers so I used red pepper flakes and some hot sauce plus I used the hot Rotel. I added a few tbls of sour cream to thicken my sauce and we served it over angel hair pasta-mmm, mmm good. My hubby couldn't get enough and is already asking me to make this for a dinner party for his co-workers :) It's a keeper! Thanks for sharing
- 2 lbs shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- goya adobo seasoning (I use with pepper)
- 1⁄2 lemon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped fine
- 0.75 (10 5/8 ounce) can chicken broth
- 3 fresh cayenne peppers or 3 jalapeno peppers
- salt and pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped fine
- 1 (10 ounce) can rotel (your choice)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Squeeze out juice from lemon over shrimp and sprinkle with Adobo. I like to do this for at least 2 hours, but its not necessary.
- In large skillet fry onion, garlic and peppers in olive oil slowly for 3-5 minutes.
- Add rotel and tomato sauce. Cook for an additional 3-5 minutes.
- Add shrmip and chicken broth and cook for 25 minutes.
- At the end, test soup. if not spicy enough, add more peppers, if too spicy add more broth and cook on high 5 minutes.
- Serve with tortillas, rice or pasta.