1/2 Photos of Calzones With Pasta Sauce
Pasta Sauce Recipe takes 2 hours to cook. If in a hurry use bottled pasta sauce. From Southern Living.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package pepperoni slices, chopped
- 4 slices monterey jack cheese, chopped
- 2 (10 ounce) cans refrigerated prepared pizza crust
- 2 cups pasta sauce, thawed
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 (12 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 8 cups water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- 1Stir together first 5 ingredients until blended. Stir in pepperoni and chopped cheese slices.
- 2Divide each pizza crust into 2 portions. Roll each dough portion into a 7-inch circle.
- 3Spoon 1/2 cup cottage cheese mixture in center of each circle. Fold dough over filling, pressing edges to seal; place on a lightly greased aluminum foil-lined baking sheet. Prick dough several times with a fork.
- 4Bake at 375° for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden. Let stand 5 minutes. Serve calzones with warm Pasta Sauce.
- 5* Chopped cooked ham may be substituted for pepperoni slices.
- 6Pasta Sauce:.
- 7Sauté onion and garlic in hot oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat 10 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in diced tomatoes and remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, stirring often, 2 hours. Divide into recipe portions; and freeze remaining portions.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Calzones With Pasta Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (1368 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 832.0
- Calories from Fat 384
- Total Fat 42.7 g
- Saturated Fat 13.9 g
- Cholesterol 112.5 mg
- Sodium 4497.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.4 g
- Sugars 58.5 g
- Protein 35.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
prepared pizza crust
dried Italian seasoning