Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 (1 lb) packages frozen bread dough (2 loaves)
- 1 lb beef, ground
- mushroom (optional)
- pizza sauce
- pizza cheese, grated
- Thaw bread dough.
- When it is able to be sliced, cut each loaf into 6 sections.
- Place on greased cookie sheet and allow to rise to its capacity.
- While dough is rising, brown meat and mushrooms.
- When dough is raised, roll out each section on floured board.
- Place 1 tablespoon meat mixture on half the dough.
- Add pizza sauce and pizza cheese, as much as you like.
- Fold in half and pinch the edges of the dough pieces together.
- Lay on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 300 degrees Fahrenheit until done.
- May be baked at a higher temperature, if oven isn't too hot.
- Bake until bread dough is not doughy on inside.
- Can make vegetable calzones, too.
We really loved them. I used pilsbury premade pizza dough. It was so easy. I suggest more seasonings though. Very good!
Not bad at all! Fairly easy and the kids gobbled them up. Would be easier, if not as tasty though, to use with english muffins.