This recipe was given to me by a friend that we shot pool with. She served it at a playoff match. I could would not leave her alone until she gave it to me. There are times that I cut this in half just for the two of us. When I do this I take the first Pizza Dough and cut it in half to make two smaller Calzones. So Enjoy !!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 Pillsbury refrigerated classic pizza crust
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) container mozzarella cheese
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 bunch green onion, sliced
- 2 (4 1/4 ounce) cans olives, sliced, drained
- 2 lbs Italian sausage
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 lbs mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (14 ounce) bottle pizza sauce
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, Divided
- 1Cook sausage in skillet until done then set saide on a paper towel to pick up the grease.
- 2Throw both peppers,onions and garlic into the skillet to cook until a bit tender, then add the oloives and mushrooms. Cook until warm.
- 3Rool out one package of dough as directed on package.
- 4Put cooked sausage on top of dough, then sprinkle 1/4 cup of Parnesan Cheese on top on meat. Add half of the Pizza Sauce, half of the Picotta and half of the Mozzarela Cheese on top of the sauce.
- 5Next, add half of the veggie mix over the cheese.
- 6Next you will want to roll out another Pizza Dough and place it on top of what you have just created. When you do this make sure that you crimp the edges together so as to keep the steam inside. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese on top.
- 7Now you will wanat to start all over to get the second one started as this makes enough for 4 hungery men.
- 8Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minuted or until brown.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Calzones
Serving Size: 1 (639 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1644.9
- Calories from Fat 1071
- Total Fat 119.0 g
- Saturated Fat 51.4 g
- Cholesterol 297.4 mg
- Sodium 4977.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 18.8 g
- Protein 101.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Pillsbury refrigerated classic pizza crust