Recipe by Derf
Basic Calzones the kids love. Use your imagination, change filling to your liking, easy for frige cleanout, use whatever you have around. From B H & G
Top Review by mootzmom
I didnt care for this , the calzones turned out very soggy. Im will not make this again and it also seemed that it would not make a great item to pack in a lunch box due to its sogginess.
- 226.79 g lean ground beef
- 118.29 ml sliced fresh mushrooms
- 59.14 ml chopped green sweet pepper
- 118.29 ml shredded mozzarella cheese (, 2 oz)
- 78.07 ml pizza sauce
- 283.49 g package prepared pizza crust
- 14.79 ml milk
- grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- pizza sauce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cook ground beef, mushrooms, and green pepper in a medium frypan till meat is no longer pink, drain.
- Stir in the mozzarella cheese and the 1/3 cup pizza sauce.
- Unroll pizza dough.
- Roll or stretch dough into a 10 x 15 inch rectangle.
- Cut dough into 6- 5 inch squares.
- Spoon some of the meat mixture onto one-half of each square.
- Brush dough edges with water.
- Lift a corner and stretch dough over meat mixture to opposite corner.
- Seal the edges by pressing with the tines of a fork.
- Place calzones on a greased baking sheet.
- Prick tops with a fork to allow steam to escape.
- Brush with the milk.
- If desired, sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes or till golden brown.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- If desired, serve with warmed pizza sauce.