1/3 Photos of Calzones
Basic Calzones the kids love. Use your imagination, change filling to your liking, easy for frige cleanout, use whatever you have around. From B H & G
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Cook ground beef, mushrooms, and green pepper in a medium frypan till meat is no longer pink, drain.
- 3Stir in the mozzarella cheese and the 1/3 cup pizza sauce.
- 4Unroll pizza dough.
- 5Roll or stretch dough into a 10 x 15 inch rectangle.
- 6Cut dough into 6- 5 inch squares.
- 7Spoon some of the meat mixture onto one-half of each square.
- 8Brush dough edges with water.
- 9Lift a corner and stretch dough over meat mixture to opposite corner.
- 10Seal the edges by pressing with the tines of a fork.
- 11Place calzones on a greased baking sheet.
- 12Prick tops with a fork to allow steam to escape.
- 13Brush with the milk.
- 14If desired, sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- 15Bake in the preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes or till golden brown.
- 16Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- 17If desired, serve with warmed pizza sauce.
Nutritional Facts for Calzones
Serving Size: 1 (87 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 106.2
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 32.7 mg
- Sodium 111.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 10.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
prepared pizza crust