Prep 35 mins
Cook 40 mins
Impress everyone with these delicious Calzones. The filling is what I enjoy, but just like a pizza it can be adapted to any taste.
- 1 package yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 can mushroom, drained
- 1⁄4 green pepper
- 2 slices onions
- 1 jar Ragu pizza sauce (any flavor you like)
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Italian sausage
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese
- Dough: Dissolve yeast in 1 Cup of warm water.
- Mix sugar, oil, salt, and flour and then add to yeast and water.
- Mix together until smooth.
- Knead and cover for 30 min.
- In a separate bowl, mix mushrooms, green pepper, onion, Ragu, Italian seasoning, oregano, basil, garlic salt, sausage, and pepperoni.
- Roll out dough in an approximate 10" circle.
- Place 1-2 cups of sauce mix in center of dough.
- Add cheese to sauce in the calzones.
- Fold over and crimp shut.
- Place on greased cookie sheet.
- After 15 minutes cooking brush with melted butter.
- Cook for a total of 25 minutes at 375 degrees or until golden brown Cover with remaining sauce and cheese.
I didn''t use the Ragu pizza sauce but instead a chunker pasta sauce (Classico tomato-basil) which I think was good. I also added chicken and ham.
Thank you for a wonderful recipe, All I did was cut the dough into individual sizes and allow everyone to choose thier toppings. My out of town relatvies now think I'm a wonderful cook, and can't wait to come back for another visit. Thanks again.